Leaders of Character: Leadership-The West Point Way
Run time: 39 Minutes
Discover how to bring character-driven leadership into your own organizational culture.
Hosted by Ed Ruggero
, West Point graduate and author of the book, Duty First: A Year in the Life of West Point and the Making of American Leaders
, this program takes us into West Point itself. There we see how, from their first day to their last, cadets learn and apply the leadership principles that will take them to greatness, whether on the battlefield or in the boardroom.
These principles include:
- Ethics form the true basis of leadership.
- A leader's communication is critical to the success of those s/he leads.
- Teamwork is the transformative key to a group's effectiveness.
- A great leader knows how to delegate tasks and responsibility downward.
- A leader must be able to plan, and be willing to abandon that plan if change demands it.
- Failure can teach powerful lessons.
We are then taken into some of this country's foremost organizations, including Procter &Gamble, the FBI, Penguin Publishing, and People's Health Center, where we see West Point graduates, now in private-sector leadership positions, putting their skills to work.
Your own leaders, whether seasoned or in-training, will be inspired and will receive the knowledge and tools they need to be effective, character-driven and admired by those they lead.