Ethics 4 Everyone
Run time: 15 Minutes, plus bonus segment
Poignant video vignettes and expert commentary from ethicist and author Eric Harvey
come together in this highly effective and compelling ethics overview. The video begins with the issue of knowledge. We know what's right, it suggests, when we remain aware of laws, organizational rules/procedures, shared values and what our own conscience is telling us. The program offers several tools and strategies for helping people consistently do what's right:
- When in doubt…use an Ethical Action Test -- Is it legal? Does it comply with our rules and guidelines? Is it in sync with our organizational values? Will I be comfortable and guilt free if I do it? Would I do it to my family or friends? Would I be perfectly okay with someone doing it to me? Would the most ethical person I know do it?
- Master the 3 "Rs" -- Treat people and company resources with respect. Be responsible for providing quality goods and services, carrying your share of the load and keeping your commitments. Get the right results the right way.
- Learn To Say No with Tact -- When faced with a situation or directive you believe is wrong, don't go along to get along…state your objection without indictment and propose an alternative action you feel is ethical. If necessary, seek advice.
- Manage Conflicting "Rights" or Ethical Dilemmas -- Use the ethical action test to decide what's "more right", and if you're still not sure, get an outside opinion.
- Walk the Talk -- Understand that ethics is displayed in everything you do… and that everything you do counts.
The Bonus Leadership Segment
outlines 10 Ethics Guidelines specifically for those in a leadership role. Footage covers how to hold yourself accountable for ethical behavior, how to regularly communicate organizational values and ethical standards to staff so they are certain about what is/isn't acceptable and why it's important to recognize those who act ethically.
Success Story: Read how Ethics 4 Everyone users have rated their experience as “highly satisfactory” in a Return On Expectations (ROE) study of various CRM Learning customers.
Satisfied customers on Ethics 4 Everyone:
"It brought in realistic situations tied to guiding principles and an expert's perspective."
-Director, Training &Organizational Development
-Cascade Employers Association
"I really like the everyday examples that are used in the program. It really drives home the points in ways that our staff can relate. I also like the Ethical Action Test. It helps provide staff with a way to make sure the choice they make is the right choice, the ethical choice, which is the only choice that matters."
-an Insurance Company