It's a Dog's World E-Learning
A fun, fully interactive course on how to build trust with patients.
- A practical approach to improving patient satisfaction and care
- Specific behaviors for avoiding situations that can frustrate patients
- Standards for connecting with patients, "owning the experience", and showing they care.
It's a Dog World is the top-selling patient satisfaction video of all time. In it, viewers watch as a man and his dog are both injured...and then treated by their respective healthcare providers. While the quality of the medical care is comparable, the overall treatment the two "patients" receive is not. At the end of the day, Bob (the man) is very unsatisfied with his provider while Max (the dog) couldn't be more content.
This e-learning course builds on the video's memorable story with equally memorable and effective self-paced learning. Images from It's a Dog's World, combined with video scenes from other CRM Learning healthcare training videos, provide numerous wrong-way and right-way examples. Engaging activities and quizzes enable the learner to connect the information to their day-to-day job responsibilities. Specifically,they learn to:
- make a good first impression
- anticipate the patient's needs
- talk clearly to patients
- give their undivided attention
- follow through and be dependable
- listen well
- be a good problem solver
Note: This e-learning is best used as a follow-up to group training done with the It's a Dog's World video and the training design featured in the Leader's Guide. However, because learners do have access to the entire It's a Dog's World Video (within the e-learning platform),it can be used for self-study.
Length of time required to complete the course: 1-2 hours
View 10 Minute Demo
Pre-requisites: A computer with broadband internet access and a web browser with Adobe Flash Player 9+.
To evaluate this entire e-learning course, please call 1-800-421-0833.
To preview the video around which the course is built, go to It's a Dog's World.
"Dog's World is still the greatest tool to use for training new and veteran employees about service excellence."
-Director, Volunteer Engagement
-Summa Health System
- The highly interactive e-learning course allows trainees to view video clips on a variety of patient care situations and complete a series of activities, quizzes and games.
- The training teaches best practices in three "trust point" areas: Connecting with Patients, Showing You Care and Owning the Experience.
- A Trust Point Planner is incorporated into the E-Learning system so that trainees can keep a journal of key points they want to apply on the job.
- Administrators can download a free Coaching Guide which is packed with suggestions for reinforcing concepts from the It's a Dog's World training.