Would I Inspire Me?
Run time: 16 Minutes
It's been proven that worker productivity and job satisfaction rise when people know their work makes a difference. This video program gives leaders practical ways to make work life more rewarding for themselves and their team.
The video follows Tom, a competent manager, on his quest to find out what makes Elliot, an exceptional manager, so inspiring to his workers. He learns that the secret to Elliot's success is that he understands the significance of each employee's work and communicates that -- in words and actions --to everyone on the team. Key Training Points include:
- Communicate why work is important
- Use real-world examples and express genuine enthusiasm
- Acknowledge the contribution of every employee
- Look for reasons to praise people and convey accomplishments to both co-workers and superiors
- Support your team
- Pitch in as a team member and remove obstacles to success
- Create opportunities for growth
- Go beyond job descriptions and be aware of people's goals
A Video Visions Title
- Leader's Guide with reproducible Participant Worksheets on the DVD-ROM
- PowerPoint Presentation downloadable on the DVD-ROM
Praise for Would I Inspire Me?:
"Would I Inspire Me is an excellent learning tool that I have placed in my supervisory academy on leadership. The 'right way/wrong way' to lead theme of this video is a funny, yet accurate portrayal of how a supervisor can quickly mislead a team. This is one of my participants' favorites. By breaking up the segments of the video and using the accompanying pre-prepared questions from the leader's guide as talking points, my lesson plans are easy and quick to run though."
-County Government Agency