It's a Dog's World
Run time: 14 Minutes
A smile. A reassuring manner. Undivided attention. Thoughtful, thorough follow-up calls. In today's busy health care settings, these "little things'' often fall by the wayside.
But when it comes to quality initiatives and patient satisfaction
, it's the little things that matter most.
This updated version of a CRM favorite shows that everyone employed in a medical office, hospital, or clinic can make a difference in improving customer service.
This health care customer service training video follows the story of a man and his dog who go out for a walk one day and end up needing medical attention—fast. Man goes to his health care provider, dog goes to the vet, but one patient ends up with a far better experience. Here's a hint: It's not the man. Turns out, a dog's world is actually the nicest place to be if you get hurt. It's a Dog's World video shows:
- The patient experience from the patient's point of view
- Easy ways to reassure people at critical points in their medical journey
- The importance of respecting the patient's time, feelings and dignity
- How an unprofessional manner erodes patient trust
- Why follow-through is so important
- The fundamentals of patient-centered care
Whether they're a volunteer, nurse, nurse practitioner, tech, doctor, or physician's assistant, It's a Dog's World
is the perfect health care customer service training tool and reminds each and every health care worker that little things go a long way toward making patients feel more human—and less like a number.