Dialogue Between Genders
Run time: 21 Minutes
Part of the Dialogue: Now You're Talking! 4 Program Set
Dialogue is how you communicate when you're having trouble communicating.
A dramatized dialogue between a team of men and women who work together, but have some issues, shows how the Skills of Dialogue can be used to overcome misunderstandings, break down gender stereotypes, improve communications and overcome the bad feelings that can linger after an incident at work.
Participants will learn within the context of gender differences:
- What is Dialogue - contrasting it with debate and negotiation
- Initiating Dialogue - how to do it, where to do it and when
- The Skills of Dialogue, which are:
- Suspension of judgment, decision making and status
- Listening with empathy, for understanding, showing you care
- Discovery by uncovering and sharing hidden assumptions in yourself and others
Within the dramatization, the video points out where the Skills of Dialogue are not, or are, being followed as well has how to facilitate a dialogue between opposing points of view.
A Quality Media Resources Title
Be the first to comment on this program: email@example.com