Run time: 23 Minutes
The use of assertiveness skills in the workplace is varied and unlimited. How many times have you seen people fail to contribute a great idea because they're reluctant to speak up? Or miss a chance to resolve an interpersonal challenge because they're afraid to deal with conflict ?
Talented people who don't master the art of communicating assertively can derail themselves from a successful career. By contrast, those who know how to express themselves appropriately can deal more confidently and effectively with a wide variety of people and business situations.
This program demonstrates the following benefits to having a workplace where assertiveness is valued:
Participants learn to:
- Every problem can be discussed openly.
- Because people are direct, communication becomes clearer and fewer miscommunications occur.
- Less time is spent gossiping and complaining.
- People speak up and say what's on their mind without fear of censure or ridicule.
- Be clear on what they want and articulate it appropriately.
- Practice good listening technique.
- Say "no" with tact.
- Effectively negotiate and look for win/win solutions.
An Our Bizniss Title
- Leader's Guide PDF
- (Support materials will be emailed to buyers)
Results from using Being Assertive:
"This program clearly illustrates the different behaviors and their impact on others. In addition, it clearly outlines the benefits of being assertive as well as how one can become more assertive. Our employees have gained from this training in being more aware of their own behavior and that of others, as well as working on becoming more assertive, to foster a more positive work environment."
-Diane B. Wolgemuth
-Sr. Learning &Development Consultant
-Hand Held Products