This exercise from CRM Learning gives participants a chance to use a series of questions to explore and understand the scope and requirements for a project. This worksheet can be a great guideline for ‘making sure they understand’ any future tasks they take on.
Instructions: Think about a project you’ve recently been assigned, or a task you’ll be taking on soon. Use the questions below to make sure you understand the task before you begin.
1. What is the task’s goal or outcome supposed to be?
2. What actions, assistance or resources are required?
3. When is it due, overall? Are there due dates for various steps?
4. How will it affect my other work/projects?
5. What obstacles might occur that I should plan for?
6. What authority do I have to complete this task?
Excerpted from the Leader’s Guide to the training program, Can We Count on You?
Recommended Training Resource: Accountability That Works provides a simple, straightforward model for clarifying exactly what needs to be done, who will do it, and by when.