OUCH! THAT STEREOTYPE HURTS E-LEARNING
The highly popular diversity video program, now an interactive online course.
- The impact stereotypes and biased statements have on others, even when causally said
- The most common reasons people stay silent in the face of bias and stereotypes
- Skills for speaking up against stereotypes and demeaning comments (without blaming or shaming)
Staying silent in the face of demeaning comments, stereotypes or bias allows such attitudes and behaviors to thrive. This undermines the organization's ability to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome, respected and able to do their best work.
The Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts e-learning course enables learners to explore communication skills for promoting inclusion and respect in the workplace.
In a unique and powerful way, participants experience the impact of stereotypical comments, explore why people fail to speak up against stereotypes and other biased behaviors, and learn six techniques for speaking up without blame or guilt. They gain a clear understanding of the following terms and concepts:
- Silent Collusion
- Ally Behavior
Length of time required to complete the course: 30-60 minutes. Prerequisites: A computer with broadband internet access, Flash Player 7 or higher, one of the following web browsers (or later version) IE Explorer 6, Firefox 1.x, Safari 3, Google Chrome, or Opera 9.5.
Pricing is "per user" and is based on the overall number of users/participants enrolled. Quantity discounts apply. Please call for a quote.
View 10 Minute Demo
To evaluate this entire e-learning course, please call 1-800-421-0833.
To preview the video around which the course is built, go to Ouch! that Stereotype Hurts.
Whenever I evaluate how effective a learning program is, I pay attention to three things:
Does it get the job done? YES!
Will people learn and be able to fix their mistake? YES - and in a way this is the most important criterion because it's a learning program.
Will people enjoy the process? YES, I sure did!
For creating a common understanding of diversity and inclusion concepts the Ouch e-learning course is fantastic. Well done!
- Dr. Robin D. Johnson
- Author, "Organizational Behavior: A Multicultural Approach"
- Interactive, self-paced learning experience with online host who guides you through the concepts and activities
- Ouch! Video (played in short segments throughout the course)
- 5-minute video-based Speaking Up Activity for skills reinforcement
- Downloadable Participant Workbook [PDF] plus a Learning Administrator's Guide with recommendations for connecting the Ouch! Online e-Learning course with your other diversity & inclusion efforts and training.
- Fully trackable system for Administrators - allowing you to see who's participated, if they completed the course, and how they performed on the quizzes.