IMPRESSIONS COUNT E-LEARNING
An Introduction to Workplace Etiquette and Communication
- how social skills impact the way others perceive us and the organization as a whole
- behaviors that convey professionalism and confidence
- communication tips for a variety of social situations
An employee's communication and social skills can make or break them at work (not to mention the impact they can have on the organization's reputation). This course can help change the life of anyone who struggles with the basics of workplace etiquette or is entering the workforce for the first time. In approximately one hour, trainees learn what is expected of them when it comes to the basics of communication and etiquette--particularly those essential social protocols that are intrinsically linked to teamwork, professionalism and productivity.
The course is built around video segments that tell the story of an organization trying to land a talented new employee, Peta. A few of the organization's key employees are asked to show Peta around and take her to lunch. The employees unwittingly miss opportunities to convey to Peta that theirs is the kind of professional work environment she's looking for and Peta refuses the position. However, when given the chance to do it all again, the employees succeed and Peta takes the job.
Included in the course's learning points are:
- Great tips for starting a conversation
- The secret to being a good listener
- Practical workplace dos and don'ts
- Handshakes 101
- Why punctuality is SO important
- How to give and receive compliments
- How to give and receive an apology
- What to say when you're introduced
100% of the students involved in a test pilot of this program discovered they had problems with the way they currently present themselves!
Length of time required to complete the course: 1-2 hours
Pre-requisites: A basic level of English literacy, a computer with broadband internet access and a web browser with Adobe Flash Player 10+ plug in.
Pricing based on number of participants. Please contact us for a quote
View 6 Minute Demo
(Opens New Window. Do not change the Username and Password; simply click "Start Learning.")
To preview the video around which the course is built, go to Impressions Count.
"These programs [sic] will assist TAFE SA in making our students the most employment ready students in the state."
Director of Programs and Services, TAFE SA, Regency.
- Gives employees a fun, effective course that's not bogged down with endless text and boring graphics
- Uses high-quality video segments to demonstrate right- and wrong-way behaviors
- Provides helpful tools and takeaways for learning reinforcement and application, including quizzes, exercises, and assessments, as well as a printable Course Summary and Certificate of Achievement