From www.helpothers.org, used with permission.
• Take flowers to work and share them with coworkers.
• Write a note to the boss of someone who has helped you, praising the employee.
• Leave enough money in the vending machine for the next person to get a free treat. (Tape the change
and a Smile card* tag to the machine)
• Have a food drive, ask employees to bring nonperishable food items to donate to food bank.
• Get to work before others and leave a piece of candy, brownie, fruit, flower, etc. at every desk attached
with a Smile card.
• Leave a cake or other food item in a central area anonymously with a Thank-You note.
• Appreciate a co-worker by giving them a gift of service. For example, instead of a tie for birthday or
Christmas, make a contribution to sponsor a cataract surgery in a developing country. Attach a note
explaining how their gift affects someone else’s life.
• Gather a group of your colleagues and take them to a fundraiser.
• Email an article about an act of kindness to your group every week.
• Give your manager or co-worker a thought-provoking book.
• Print an inspiring story and put it on your work bulletin board.
• Buy a cup of coffee or snack for someone who’s having a long day.
*Smile Cards are markers of a newfangled game of tag, where “you’re it” because someone has done something nice for you. Then it’s your turn to do something nice for someone else and, in the process, pass the card along.
Helpothers.org is a portal dedicated to small acts of kindness. There you will find inspirational stories & articles documenting acts of kindness, downloadable Smile card designs and much more! www.helpothers.org