Instructions to the Trainer: Put the following questions on an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper. Make enough copies for everyone. Tell the group they have 10 minutes to complete this exercise.
Group Instructions: Attempt to fill in your sheet by finding a person who can say “yes” or can respond appropriately to each question. Write their first name in the space provided. You may use each person’s name only once.
1. _________________________________________________ speaks more than one language. What languages are they?__________________________________________________
2. _______________________________________________has traveled abroad in the last year.
3. _________________________________lived in another country for a significant period of time.
4. ___________________________________________________ has experienced acupuncture.
5. ____________________________’s ancestors come from the same country as one of your ancestors. Which country? ____________________________________________
6. _______________________ likes to watch TV shows about science and/or nature.
7. ______________________________________comes from a family of 4 or more children.
8. _________________________________________ attended private school as a child.
9. _____________________________________________ reads one or more books a month.
10. ____________________________________________has an LP (vinyl record) collection.
11. ____________________________________________________ has more than 2 children.
12. ___________________________ enjoys gardening.
13. __________________________ works as a volunteer more than 5 hours a month. The volunteer service they provide is ________________________________.
14. _________________________ plays more than 10 hours of sports per month.
15. __________________________ has more than 10 apps on their smart phone.
Recommended Training Resource: A Peacock in the Land of Penguins. Diversity in the workplace is sometimes met with intolerance of those who are different, or unique. Using parable and animation, this entertaining program shows how an appreciation of everyone can help the organization move forward in a positive way.