Problem: How can you start an on-line learning environment without spending thousands on a Learning Management System and increasing your staff to manage the e-Learning function?
Solution: CRM Learning!
Prison Fellowship Ministries (PFM) is a small non-profit organization (300 employees) with staff located across the United States. Ongoing leadership & staff development are issues in PFM’s performance management process, but the costs associated with producing customized e-Learning programs and purchasing an LMS have made it difficult for them to move forward with a technology-based solution.
PFM’s collaboration with CRM Learning and its products enables them to train employees on every topic imaginable and keep track of the training using the LMS component of CRM Learning’s Hosted Online Training System.
Here’s an example of how this partnership has allowed PFM to cost-effectively address a major training initiative.
by Donna Shetler,
Director of Training and Learning at Prison Fellowship Ministries
Every PFM employee is required to complete an annual Performance Development Plan to monitor their goals for the fiscal year.
During orientation, new employees learn about the PFM Performance Development Plan through a course entitled Discussing Performance. By using the CRM Learning Discussing Performance video as a key training component, we are able to cover a multitude of issues without creating a fully customized program.
The Discussing Performance training session is designed to ensure that participants have a firm understanding of:
- The PFM Performance Development Plan and Process
- How they can maximize the impact of performance discussions by learning and applying techniques for:
– focusing on outcomes
– handling contentious issues
– formalizing forward planning
– avoiding common pitfalls
– working collaboratively to set goals
In addition to giving people access to stream the Discussing Performance video and take the accompanying video post-quiz through the CRM Learning online system, we created:
- a Participant Instruction Sheet that walks students through each item they are to watch, read, or complete.
- a video note-taking sheet for participants to use to keep track of the points in the video.
- an inhouse training video (using Adobe Captivate 4 as our design software) that takes participants step-by-step through filling out and completing the Performance Development Plan [PDP].
- a Test Your Knowledge quiz for participants to take at the end of the program to make sure they understood key points from the PDP training.
The course is highly effective, efficient and easy to manage. Here are some comments from our employees:
-”This program made me so excited to be part of an organization that cares so much about me as an employee that they spend time on my performance development.”
-”This on-line training was so interesting and engaging. Well worth my time and attention. The best new employee orientation I have ever participated in. I understand what’s expected of me.”
To read more about CRM Learning’s online learning offerings, visit our Hosted Online Training page.