Power of Future Conversation, Government Version
Run time: 18 Minutes
In any organization, including government agencies, conversation is a tool that gives leaders and team members the power to translate possibility into action. Unlike the old saying, talk is not
"cheap". Conversation is the driving force behind positive change and growth.
This video training program is based on the work of author and consultant Kim Krisco
and his book, Leadership and the Art of Conversation
. According to Krisco, meetings and other kinds of conversations can be highly effective tools for change.
Six important principles are covered in this program:
Other Version Available:
- Be aware of conversation and pay close attention to how you speak and listen.
- Don't dwell on past conversations, use them to establish a connection and then move on.
- Be aware of, then manage and change the unspoken conversations that determine the way people see and interpret the world.
- Shift the conversation first from the past to the future, and then to the present.
- Manage your listening and that of others by using affirmative, not reactive, listening.
- Go for a breakthrough.
- Leader's Guide
- (Support materials will be emailed to buyers)
Results from using on Power of Future Conversation:
"We use it in workshops on leadership, change management, project implementation effective communications, problem solving and managing meetings. The well-written, well-acted, realistic workplace situations help us envision how to implement new skills and is a favorite of our clients that works well in a wide variety of situations. I get frequent feedback from business people who have used 'future conversation' for team problem-solving activities, new project implementation and brainstorming. "
-Corporate Education Trainer
-Heartland Community College
"A must for any video library. By using this simple, future-oriented communication skill, positive and productive change is possible for any organization."
-Barbara E. Thompson