Ouch! Your Silence Hurts
Run time: 16 Minutes total running time
Ouch! challenges viewers by asking, "How will you personally respond next time you witness somebody being treated with disrespect?" You have a choice: Passive Bystander
or Pro-active Ally
In a powerful and compelling way, Ouch! Your Silence Hurts
motivates bystanders to use their voice to speak up for respect on behalf of someone else. In the Ouch! video, you'll hear about the role of the silent bystander.The video shows that when you hear a disrespectful comment or joke, you have a choice:
- Reinforce it by laughing or joining in.
- Tolerate it by saying nothing (which is what most people do).
- Or, speak up and become an ally -- the hardest thing of all.
You may think that by saying nothing you’re making things better, or at least not making things worse. But sometimes silence is not golden. Your silence sends a message that you agree, or at the least you don’t object. Is that the message you want to send?Ouch! Your Silence Hurts
will continue the conversation Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts
"When we speak, we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak.” - Audre Lorde, Poet and Activist
"Silence remains, inescapably, a form of speech." - Susan Sontag
Special Bundle Offer:
Purchase the OUCH! Combination Package
and get both Ouch! Your Silence Hurts
and Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts
together for $1100.00 (a savings of $190.00).
A SunShower Learning Title
- chaptered DVD including Main Program plus Meeting Opener, Skill Builder Stories and Situations
- CD-ROM with Leader's Guide PDF for 1-hour and 30-minute presentations, PowerPoint Presentation, Mini-Poster PDF
(The DVD is subtitled for the hard of hearing (SDH) and contains subtitle options in Spanish, French, French-Canadian, German and Dutch.)