Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts and Ouch! Your Silence Hurts Combo Package
Run time: See individual running times
This combination package features a special price applicable only when you buy both programs together. Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts
- illusrates how demeaning comments, stereotypes and bias have no place in today's organizations -- yet few people have the courage to speak out against these attitudes and behaviors. This program gives people easy-to-use techniques for putting an end to stereotyping and disrespect without blame or guilt.
(30 Minutes total running time)Ouch! Your Silence Hurts
- challenges viewers by asking, "How will you personally respond next time you witness somebody being treated with disrespect?" You have a choice: Passive Bystander
or Pro-active Ally
. In a powerful and compelling way it motivates bystanders to use their voice to speak up for respect on behalf of someone else.
(16 Minutes total running time)What Do OUCH! Programs Do?
In a unique and powerful way, viewers experience the impact of stereotypical comments, explore why people don't speak up against stereotypes and other biased behaviors, and learn techniques for speaking up against disrespect without blame or guilt.
A SunShower Learning Title
Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts
Ouch! Your Silence Hurts
- chaptered DVD including Main Video plus Speaking Up Activity and Video Vignettes (with English and Spanish subtitles)
- CD-ROM with printable Leader's Guide and PowerPoint Presentation
- 1 copy of the book, OUCH! That Stereotype Hurts© by Leslie C. Aguilar
- 10 Reminder Cards
- chaptered DVD including Main Video plus Meeting Opener, Skill Builder Stories and Situations (subtitled for the hard of hearing (SDH) and contains subtitle options in Spanish, French, French-Canadian, German and Dutch.)
- CD-ROM with Leader's Guide PDF for 1-hour and 30-minute presentations, PowerPoint Presentation, Mini-Poster PDF
Praise for the OUCH! videos:
Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts:
"Finally, a video that shows the viewer exactly how to respond in moments of diversity-related tension! No blame, no guilt, no conflict – just practical, specific skills that can be immediately applied in the workplace. OUCH! is a must-have and a must-see for anyone seeking to create and sustain a respectful workplace."
-Sondra Thiederman, Ph.D.
-Author, Making Diversity Work: Seven Steps for Defeating Bias in the Workplace
Ouch! Your Silence Hurts:
"I have one word, FABULOUS!!! This video gives real, gut-wrenching examples of individuals and situations. Most important, it challenges people and gives them the idea that they have the ability to confront stereotypes by showing them how. Ouch! will be so helpful because most people want to do something but don’t know what or how."
- Anita Rowe, Ph.D.
- Partner, Gardenswartz & Rowe
- co-author, Emotional Intelligence for Managing Results in a Diverse World