Run time: 17 Minutes
is a thought-provoking video training program that provides the kind of honest feedback leaders should hear…but don’t. It is based on anonymous interviews with employees who were free to discuss which leadership behaviors were motivating and which were demotivating.
From these interviews, six key issues emerged:
- Addressing Mistakes: “Guidance works better than ridicule.”
- Appreciation: “Noticing my hard work makes all the difference.”
- Transparency: “I’m most effective when I know what’s going on.”
- Competence: “I support leaders who know what they’re doing.”
- Autonomy: “Having control over my work inspires me.”
- Inclusion: “When everyone has the opportunity to give input, good ideas happen.”
For each of these issues, Leadership Feedback
shows two scenarios—one with an ineffective leader, and another with an effective leader. As the effective leader successfully interacts with the team, practical skill points for increasing employee engagement are introduced.
Through the training, new and seasoned leaders are reminded that the best assessment of how they’re doing comes from those they lead. In the absence of direct feedback - which employees are sometimes reluctant to give - leaders can interpret disengagement or poor productivity as a sign that their leadership skills need improvement. Fortunately, as this video shows, leaders can often take simple steps to gain employee commitment and improve productivity.
A Video Visions / Access Training Media Title
Be the first to comment on this program: firstname.lastname@example.org