Healthcare Violence: Be Part of the Cure
Run time: 17 Minutes
The time has come for the staff of any healthcare facility to be fully aware of the potential for violence. Once they understand the potential dangers, employees can learn how to respond. Healthcare Violence: Be Part of the Cure
re-enforces your facility's procedures and tells healthcare workers how to prevent violence and protect themselves from violent patients. The program focuses on the before
(seeing the warning signs), during
(staying safe and, if possible, diffusing the situation), and after
(coping with residual stress) stages of any violent attack.
When participants complete this training they should understand and be able to:
- State the phases of the assault cycle.
- Recognize the warning signs of a potentially violent patient.
- State how to physically prepare for a violent episode.
- Follow required protocol when alerting security about violent patients.
- Understand chemical and physical restraints, and when to use them.
- Know how to cope in the aftermath of a violent event.
A Coastal/Dupont Title
Be the first to comment on this program: email@example.com