Getting Real About Workplace Violence
Run time: 25 Minutes total running time
Created for front line employees, staff and managers, Getting Real about Workplace Violence
was thoughtfully designed and produced to increase awareness and empower viewers. It informs, but doesn’t overwhelm.
Through 3 video segments, the course includes detailed information on awareness and prevention, survival strategies should an act of extreme violence occur, and manager-specific training that highlights their critical role in identifying concerning behaviors and diffusing potential situations from escalating.
Included in the training package: Getting Real About Workplace Violence: Awareness and Prevention
(10 minutes), Getting Real About Workplace Violence: Extreme Violence Response
(8 minutes), Getting Real About Workplace Violence for Managers
Learning objectives from the training:
- Understand that workplace violence goes beyond active shooters
- Sharpen your awareness to potential threats
- Identify early warning signs
- How to respond to concerning behaviors
- Recognize and understand the potential connection between domestic and workplace violence
- The basic response options employees have if caught inside an act of extreme violence. Viewers are taught the get out | get safe | get tough philosophy:
- If you can, Get Out
- If you can’t, Get Safe
- If you have to, Get Tough
This instruction aligns with the American National Standard
, which is the standard advised by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
for best practices addressing workplace violence prevention and response.
A Prositions Title
Be the first to comment on this program: firstname.lastname@example.org