Diversity 101 Series
Run time: 36 Minutes, total running time
Treating others with respect is paramount to a successful and inclusive workplace. Things like unconscious/hidden bias, intolerance, crude jokes, disrespectful comments, etc. can all surface in an organization not prepared for the diversity we are seeing in today’s workforce.
Based on the national best-selling program, M.E.E.T. Breaking New Ground
- the Diversity 101 Series
takes an engaging, creative approach to describing the core components of diversity, inclusion and respect in the workplace.
The eight vignettes are:
- Diversity 101, An Overview - A short introductory video that explains what is meant by “diversity moments” and other key diversity terms. (3:07 min)
- Don’t Know What You Got - Discusses “biases” – how and why everyone has them, along with the importance of challenging our assumptions about others. (1:57 min)
- Merge Ahead - Reveals that “organizational diversity” includes work habits and values that are affected by time zones, commuting patterns, virtual teams and geographic distance. (1:27 min)
- Seriously, At Work? - Explores gender and gender identity issues while reminding employees to watch out for double standards - such as, norms or “rules”-- applied to some groups and not to others. (1:34 min)
- Spreading Rumors - Shows that the spreading of false or private information about others has a disruptive effect on relationships at work and can sometimes be seen as harassment. (1:35 min)
- That Wasn’t Funny - Helps employees see the problematic nature of telling jokes in the workplace—especially those that may cross the line between what is and is not appropriate. (1:47 min)
- The "PC" Police are Here - Shows how to overcome the challenges of approaching someone who has said something that's causing a lot of friction. (1:48 min)
- What Did She Say? - Addresses the issue of when it is okay for bilingual employees to speak another language with people who share it… when they’re around people who don’t. (1:24 min)
A Sollah Interactive Title
- Chaptered DVD containing eight vignettes:
Diversity 101, An Overview (3:07 min), Don’t Know What You Got (1:57 min), Merge Ahead (1:27 min), Seriously, At Work? (1:34 min), Spreading Rumors (1:35 min), That Wasn’t Funny (1:47 min), The "PC" Police are Here (1:48 min), What Did She Say? (1:24 min).
- Discussion Guide for each vignette (will be emailed to buyers)
Diversity 101 - The Complete Series can be purchased on DVD, USB, or for online delivery. Individual vignettes may be purchased for online delivery only. Call us for more information.
Be the first to comment on this program: email@example.com