Dialogue for Cultural Understanding
Run time: 24 Minutes
Part of the Dialogue: Now You're Talking! 4 Program Set
Dialogue is how you communicate when you're having trouble communicating.
The Skills of Dialogue are used in this dramatization about challenges faced in culturally diverse work environments. As the story unfolds and the characters state their feelings, more hidden reasons for discontent within the group are revealed. We see how dialogue can be used to open-up communication, uncover hidden assumptions, break down stereotypes and facilitate more productive relationships.
Participants will learn as the truths to the situation unfold:
- What is Dialogue - contrasting it with debate and negotiation
- Initiating Dialogue - how to do it, where to do it and when
- The Skills of Dialogue, which are:
- Suspension of judgment, decision making and status
- Listening with empathy, for understanding, showing you care
- Discovery by uncovering and sharing hidden assumptions in yourself and others
Within the dramatization, the video points out where the Skills of Dialogue are not, or are, being followed as well has how to facilitate a dialogue between opposing points of view.
A Quality Media Resources Title
Be the first to comment on this program: firstname.lastname@example.org