Dialogue Among Generations
Run time: 24 Minutes
Part of the Dialogue: Now You're Talking! 4 Program Set
Dialogue is how you communicate when you're having trouble communicating.
In this dramatization, a workteam made up of different age groups is brought together to express and discuss their individual experiences in the workplace. Demonstrated are how the Skills of Dialogue can be used to bridge the points of view and style differences that exist between different generations. As the story unfolds, their divergent personal and world views, common to people of their individual generations, are uncovered. The differences have lead to misunderstandings and distrust. Learning to dialogue helps them overcome age barriers and build more productive workplace relationships. Participants will learn within the context of generational differences:
- What is Dialogue - contrasting it with debate and negotiation
- Initiating Dialogue - how to do it, where to do it and when
- The Skills of Dialogue, which are:
- Suspension of judgment, decision making and status
- Listening with empathy, for understanding, showing you care
- Discovery by uncovering and sharing hidden assumptions in yourself and others
Within the dramatization, the video points out where the Skills of Dialogue are not, or are, being followed as well has how to facilitate a dialogue between opposing points of view.
A Quality Media Resources Title
Be the first to comment on this program: email@example.com