Dealing With Conflict
Run time: 20 Minutes
Conflict shifts people's focus away from work and the basic goals of the team, department and organization. It negatively impacts productivity, morale and ultimately, results.
Surveys show that managers now spend about 20 percent of their time on conflict resolution. And, as employees are asked to communicate with a greater variety of people, they need their own conflict management skills.
Based on theThomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
, this program offers a proven method for recognizing and resolving conflict. Dramatic vignettes demonstrate the five positions people can take when conflict arises-- Avoiding, Accommodating, Competing, Compromising or Collaborating--and illustrate the outcomes of each given style.
Participants will learn:
Other Version Available:
- Proven methods for recognizing conflict
- The five most-used conflict resolution positions
- The two basic dimensions of human behavior in conflict situations
- How to take responsibility for conflict and its resolution
- Leader's Guide PDF
- (Support materials will be emailed to buyers)
Also available to supplement your Conflict training:
Dealing With Conflict Instrument
Dealing With Conflict 360 Feedback Set