Cultural Competency: Problem Solving
Run time: 19 Minutes
Culturally competent organizations ensure that staff members are able to quickly address problems that arise when treating patients from different cultures.
This highly-recommended program will help your employees understand what cultural competency means and what constitutes a "culture". They will recognize that being sensitive to other cultures will help them interact smoothly with their patients. They will also learn the five steps of problem-solving, namely: gather information, assess understanding, give explanations not orders, be sensitive to the patient's situation, and summarize and explain the next step.
Cultural competency is important because:
Covered in the training program are:
- The number of ethnic patients is growing and will continue to grow.
- Misunderstandings due to cultural differences can lead to serious medical consequences.
- Each patient deserves the best care that can be given.
- It's good patient service.
- What cultural competency is and why it is needed.
- How to tailor interactions with each patient.
- How to recognize potential misunderstandings.
- The five problem-solving steps.
- How to solve the problem if it escalates.
- Problem-solving in action.
A Coastal/Dupont Title
Be the first to comment on this program: email@example.com