Communication in Healthcare
Run time: 20 Minutes
This program can help your team turn frustrating communications into successful exchanges. When your profession is caring for the health of others, words truly become a lifeline.
Combining humor and drama, this team-building video demonstrates dangers that arise when there is a discrepancy between what we mean to say and what others hear, how varied interpretations of a single word can upset our ability to provide the best in patient care and the importance of precise communication - especially in a health care setting.
Viewers learn how communication succeeds when it passes through 5 stages:
- The Speaker launches a thought
- The Language that is chosen is clear and uses specific words
- The Environment is organized and free of distractions
- The Listener interprets the message
- Thorough Feedback is given to guarantee that the Speaker and Listener understand each other completely
Be the first to comment on this program: email@example.com