Run time: 19 Minutes
This video shows that all of us must be responsible for how we deliver and receive messages, as well as the symptoms and consequences of inappropriate defensiveness.
Many people have reasons for believing they're being attacked. Defensive behavior can lead to hurt feelings, arguments and hostilities, often affecting a variety of relationships. The Defensiveness Chain
that is created impairs communication and reduces productivity.
reminds viewers that when comments and opinions get passed around that are potentially defensive the focus should be on behavioral patterns, so the receiver has less reason to receive it personally. The video workshop shows that all of us must be responsible for how we deliver and receive messages, as well as the symptoms and consequences of inappropriate defensiveness.
Through visuals and exercises, participants will learn:
- How to disengage from a defensive position
- How to empathize and disarm a defensive person
- How to inquire and focus on the issues
- How to disclose ones own needs and goals non-defensively
- How to depersonalize the issues