A Leader's Guide to Delegating
Run time: 23 Minutes
Effective delegation accomplishes much more than the task at hand. It also builds trust for future delegations, helps employees develop new skills and reduces managerial stress.This video program provides a plan for delegation, presented in five steps:
- Analyze the Task: Determine, in detail, what needs to be done to achieve the goal. This includes setting a deadline.
- Choose the Right Delegatee: The right candidate should be highly motivated and possess the needed skills.
- Assign the Task: Give clear instructions on desired outcomes, resources available and follow-up steps.
- Execute the Task: During the task execution, support the delegatee by informing key employees of the delegatee's task and level of authority.
- Conduct Regular Feedback Sessions: Monitor issues so they don't become problems, and give the delegatee opportunities to ask questions.
In this way, A Leader's Guide to Delegating
lets you address both leadership development and employee engagement. Learners receive solid instruction in a key leadership competency and they commit to giving employees increased opportunity to take on new assignments. What does this mean for the organization? Tasks will be delegated more often and with greater clarity -- leading to better results, improved productivity and higher job satisfaction at all levels of the organization.
A Satisfied Customer on A Leader's Guide to Delegating:
"I used this in working with a group on time management and delegation skills. Delegation is a key for leaders to help them with their time management skills. The video is helpful in how it shows the importance of all the steps and what can happen when you delegate properly vs. dumping."
Read what Training Media Review has to say about this program.